Thursday, January 26, 2012

Word for the Year

So, I've been trying to come up with a theme for 2012.  Will this be a year of adventure ... love ... journey ... how can i fit it into just one word?  God has taught me so much in 2011 and I am eager to see what 2012 will bring.  He is teaching me to wait on him, to trust him in all things, and to love wholeheartedly.  The year 2011 was a year of travel and transition.  I am so eager to be done with transition, to be in a more permanent home and to be settled.

In my childhood, if we asked my mother what was for dessert, she would sometimes answer "Wait and See."  Sometimes I think that God says that to us as well.  We are eager to know the future, but our wise parent knows that we don't need to know everything in advance and that some things are better as surprises.

So my theme, at least for now, is EXPECTATION!  I eagerly await the unfurling of His Plan for this year.

1 comment:

  1. Mommy,

    I don't know if you'll see this, but I am glancing through your blog, and when I originally saved it in my bookmarks, this is the page I was on, so instead of going straight to your latest post, this comes up. Just thought it'd be interesting to point you back to this moment. Well over a year plus time to process ago, you were full of expectation and hope. Perhaps the theme of the year changed along with the tides of life, but I wonder what you remember that God did for us in 2012 (evidence of His work abounds). In light of your expectant and eager heart, God came through & blessed us beyond belief... Read Ephesians 3:10-20 or so & tell me your thoughts in reflection :) You're wonderful, and I look up to your introspective, wise, patient thoughts. I love you!!

    Gen

    ReplyDelete