Thursday, May 20, 2010

Musings on Turning 49

How did I get here so fast?  Seems like just yesterday I was in my 30's.  Raising small children ... now they are almost grown.  My life in these last few years has mostly revolved around the kids and their school activities and my work.  Soon we will enter a new season - about the time I turn 50 our youngest will graduate high school.  One more year in which to impart our faith and values so that she will stand strong in an increasingly crazy world. 

I feel young in some ways, yet glad for the years and experiences and all that God has taught me.  And so thankful for His grace in my life ... may it continue to make me more grace-filled.  I'm so glad that with God we are continually growing.  That He is ever patient with us and wills us to grow in love and mercy.  May my life shine with joy and peace in order to bring Him honor and glory.

I am thankful for my family and good friends who celebrated with me and made me feel special.  I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment