Thursday, October 31, 2013

Habits

I follow a blog that recently had these suggestions about creating new habits successfully:

"In practice, doing habits one month at a time is fast. In one year you could:
  • Wake up earlier
  • Exercise regularly
  • Eat properly
  • Set up a productivity system
  • Establish deliberate practice time for your craft
  • Become more organized
  • Read a book per month
  • Cut out wasteful Internet surfing
  • Keep your e-mail inbox empty
  • Cut down on television
  • Learn a new skill
  • Maintain a journal or diary"
I've highlighted the ones in blue that resonated with me.  Early to Rise inspired me to get going in the mornings and use my time to do what is important to me.  So far I've succeeded at 2 of these (running and rising early) and made progress in 3 more (journaling, reading, watercolor/drawing).  Where will I be this time next year?  I feel fully alive now and am excited about living intentionally.

You can read the whole blog about developing habits here.

What resonates with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment