Thursday, December 1, 2011

The importance of Interior Design

Found this quote in a Dick Francis mystery [Enquiry] and it articulated something for me.  "The kitchen was white and brown and copper and yellow.  The colors pleased me.  Colors gave me the sort of mental food I imagined others got from music.  I disliked too much music, loathed the type of stuff you couldn't escape in restaurants and airliners, didn't own a record player, and much preferred silence."

I love silence and solitude; and particularly in a place that is aesthetically pleasing ... light and bright, pretty colors, comfortable furnishings.  My surroundings are important to me.  But I often wonder if I am alone in this.  The fact that an author describes me so well is enlightening.  There are others out there for whom environs is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment